In our 75th year, there are plenty of ways that you can help us work towards a world where no one dies of cancer, and all it takes is 75 minutes!
No matter what time you give, minutes, hours, days, weeks or months your support helps us work towards a world where no one dies of cancer.
- 'Like' our social media pages (we're on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin & Instagram) and share posts with colleagues, friends and family
- Sign up to our quarterly newsletter, research network or a Facebook group to hear about the work we do
- Call us on 0808 808 1010 for a batch of our Support Line cards to put in your work, school, college, doctor surgery, dentist surgery, hospital, church, place of worship or community hall… you never know who may need our help! Share our events on your company’s intranet or internal email
- Put up posters or give out flyers in your local area to promote one of our events, services or campaigns
- Did you know that one bag of donated goods is worth around £20 to the charity? You could set up a clothes donation station in your local shop, community hall, school, college, university receptions, work’s foyer etc
- Collect donations from family and friends and drop into your local Tenovus Cancer Care charity shop
- Share your story with us here
- Organise a bake sale, raffle or dress down day to raise vital funds for us to continue our work
- Spend an hour sorting donations in one of our shops or warehouse
- Sell raffle tickets for our Big Birthday Raffle to your friends and family
A few hours or days to spare:
- Volunteer at one of our fundraising events
- Spare an hour to share your skills, knowledge and expertise – could you translate a piece of work for us, read over copy, give an hour’s free training or simply act as a mentor or buddy for a staff member?
- Sell raffle tickets at one of our promotion events for our Big Birthday Raffle
- Spend a team building day helping out your nearest shop or at our warehouse
- Visit one of our shops or warehouse, take and upcycle an item for us to sell in our shops
- Knit items to sell in our shops
- Hold a collection or join a collection to fundraise in the area
- Give a day to Go Pink for BCAM
- Help our Health and Wellbeing Team with a health check day
A few weeks or more to spare:
- Join our ACTivate Your Life volunteer-led service, receive some training and help deliver courses in your area
- Help at your local shop or our warehouse; there are roles from available from eBay to merchandising, to sorting or serving customers
- Join or set up a Fundraising Group to help us raise money this year and celebrate our 75th Birthday – this could be in within your workplace, in school, college or university, with family and friends
- Be a 75th Birthday Champion and coordinate events for our Big Birthday Raffle
- Train up to volunteer with our Advice Services or Support Line and help cancer patients and their loved ones directly
- Help our Prevention Team with health checks, campaigns and projects
- Take a look at our range of office roles and projects
If there is anything here that interests you, please email our Volunteer Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
By supporting us, you too will be helping to give cancer patients and their loved ones the future they deserve, and work with us towards a world where no one dies of cancer.