Schools Resources and Fundraising
Get your school involved
Working with Tenovus Cancer Care is a great way to get your students engaged in their local community. And getting involved is lots of fun and really easy!
You could simply organise a dress-down day asking pupils and teachers to pay to dress in their normal clothes, or even in fancy dress. It’s the easiest way for everyone to take part!
Or you could make it even bigger and organise a class or school event. You can do absolutely anything, but here are some ideas to help inspire you:
• Turn your end-of-year concert into a 'Big Gig' event and raise money through bucket collections and a raffle
• Organise a one-off show or performance evening
• Go singing in your local community and bucket collect
• Hold a talent show or sing-off and sell tickets in advance
• Run a musical quiz in assembly or after lessons and ask pupils to pay to play
• Organise a bake-sale, a quiz or a sponsored event for pupils and teachers to take part in.
Whatever you decide we can help you with all the tools and tips you need to make it a huge success! To download your free Schools Fundraising pack, simply complete this form.
We've put together a number of curriculum-linked teachers' resources for both primary and secondary schools, available in both English and Welsh. We have;
- Singing for Health (Teacher Support Notes, lesson plans, range of student age related tasks and challenges and a PowerPoint Deck with supporting visuals.)
- Here Comes the Sun (online resources, videos and downloadable notes and worksheets).
Materials are available to download, or we can send hard copies by post. To request materials or download them, please click here.