Swim for Life Rules
Individual 10k Challenge Rules
1. Please arrive at the pool 30 minutes before your session is due to start so that a lane can be allocated to you.
2. In the interest of safety, diving is not permitted.
3. You can alternate strokes if you wish. For health and safety reasons, backstroke is not permitted.
4. You may be swimming in a lane with other individual participants. Please only overtake when it is safe to do so.
5. Toilet breaks are allowed, but the stopwatch will not be paused if this happens.
6. For the health and safety of other swimmers, the use of equipment such as buoyancy aids, fins or paddles that will assist you with your swim, is not permitted.
7. You will be given a Tenovus Cancer Care branded swim cap upon arrival to the pool. Please wear this in the pool for participant identification on the day.
8. Swimmers must ensure they are in sufficient fitness to undertake this challenge. Medical clearance should always be sought to be sure.
Team Challenge Rules
1. All team members must be registered prior to the event day. Registering the team captain only is NOT sufficient.
2. Teams must consist of 2-5 swimmers swimming between 1k and 5k per person.
3. Each team member can swim differing distances to add up to the challenge total.
4. For identification swim numbers will be provided by Tenovus Cancer Care.
5. Please bring your own swim cap or feel free to not wear one at all if part of team – this will all be in aid of team identification. A Tenovus swim cap will be given as part of a thank you gift post event.
6. Swimmers must ensure they are in sufficient fitness to undertake this challenge. Medical clearance should always be sought to be sure.